Monday, March 23, 2009

A Final Look at Suji

It just started to feel like it was time to leave. Not ever being one to overstay my welcome or put up with being unhappy, I spent my last days in Korea making peace with the streets. When you know you are going to go away and not look back, you start to become nostalgic about every little thing and want to frame it in your mind forever.

I know I will not be missing 8 lane traffic, dirty air, spit and piss covered streets, and high rise buildings as far as the eye can see. In retrospect, I am trying to look past all of the flaws of the place and the lonely times in my one-room-dungeon and remember those beautiful late summer days sailing on a bike trail with Lindsay or the peace of hiking in rain soaked mountains in fall. Those are the memories I will keep, I think.