Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Going Away Party at the Parent's House

I have been patiently waiting for my Visa number to come up so I can leave for South Korea. I am supposed to be there by August 1st! Ha! Lets see if they can really make that happen. Being unsure about exactly when I will be leaving is kind of bizarre and anxiety creating, so I am trying not to think about that so much. Sure, I am excited to leave, but having my suitcase ready so I can leave at the drop of a hat is kind of nuts, to say the least! I have been jobless and getting ready to leave for a few weeks now and it has been great! Being jobless is a sweet mixture of visiting people, waking up super late, and doing whatever the hell I want to. By golly, I could do this for a living!!!

In the mean time, my parents and I thought it would be best to go ahead and have my big "GOING AWAY" party. All the women we know are amaaaaaazing cooks, so a big part of any party with my family is having a nice spread of food.

Our menu included:
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Spinach Dip
Shrimp Salad
Brocoli Slaw
Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake
Ammmmazing Beans
Funfetti Cake (I made this, ha ha!)
Tarts, Eclairs, and Cream Puffs

I am pretty sure I gained like 10 pounds after Sunday afternoon, but it was worth it cause everything was soo damn good! And alcohol galore! Everyone brought over lots of beer, wine, and alcohol for maximum party enjoyment. Gotta love that!

It was awesome to see everyone- I tried to be a good party hostess and visit a little with everybody that came, which made me feel a bit like a kid with ADD since everyone we invited showed up! The weather stayed nice all day, the little kids were surpisingly well behaved (and having a blast, I might add), and no one drank too much. It was especially funny watching all of the kids follow my brother around as if he were the pied piper or something. My brother hiked through the woods with the kids, shot a BB Gun with them, played video games, and I don't know what else. All of the kids LOVE HARLEY!!!!!

So, the party was great, I feel ready to go, and now I just have to get my Visa Number so that I can leave. Lets hope they don't take too long issuing it, or else I am going to feel lame having a going away party and then being here forever afterwards!