Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going to the Movies Means I Get Toys!!!!!

Last night, my friend Lindsay and I went to the movies to see "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel. The movie was very funny and we couldn't help to laugh more due to the fact that half of the jokes were lost in translation. We were laughing so hard that tears were about to run down our faces and everyone else was dead silent. I am not sure a joke about gonorrhea translates well, huh?

In any case, going to the CGV, Korea's big movie theater chain, warrants a chance to buy lovely toys from the Gashapon dispensers. I unloaded the coins into the machine to see what I could end up with....


The ticket for the CGV. When you buy a ticket for the movies here, you choose a specific seat. Movie going is extremely popular here and most shows sell out in advance. Lindsay and I arrived over an hour early to buy tickets but still ended up with the dreaded front row tickets that kill your eyes. And this is for a movie that has been out for a month now!


This lovely Gashapon is from "Dead Agressor", which I am assuming is either an Anime or video game or some sort. I just wanted her because she was charming!

An extremely detailed and complex "Astro Boy" figure. I was very pleased with the detail of this toy, but sad that it wasn't one of the cute ones, but rather a super boyish one. Eh, I will give it to my boyfriend and he will be a happy guy, right?