Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Like Nesting Dolls


Lately, I have had plenty of free time on my hands due to the fact that it is wintertime. My boredom has led me to actually pick up a pencil and draw for the first time in like years. I am actually pleasantly surprised how my first few drawings have turned out.

I wanted them to look awkward yet fashionable and cute like the Korean kids around here in the suburbs. Some of the kids are soo dumpy and dorky yet adorable here! And their parents dress them in rather whimsical outfits at times. Oh, and the ajumas were fur, real fur. Its everywhere in Korea. Uh.



Typical Korean pre-teen off to the hagwon to learn some English.



Grumpy and frumpy old money ajuma showing off her fur pelt.


Dumpy kid magnificently dressed by her parents to attempt cuteness.

I think I will attempt more sketches and see what I can come up with! They entertain me to say the least.