Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oh Itaewon, how you make me puke....

I don't know if it was the beer, the cheeseburger and fries, or the Coldstone ice cream that came after, but my day in Iteawon ended like a bad hangover. Combine said ingredients with whirlwind rides in a cab and jerky rides in a hot, stuffy subway and voila! You have Sara with a throbbing migrane headache puking on her way home in multiple KTX subway bathrooms. Thankfully, those bathrooms are like shirnes to the god of cleanliness, otherwise it could have been a much more disgusting experience. But still, how humiliating!


Today, I awoke refreshed with only a smidge of a headache left and my memories of yesterday feel kind of blacked out like they would after a night of heavy drinking. Maybe its better that way. My morning has been spent in bed with the new books I bought yesterday in Itaewon. I bought one by David Sedaris, a beat generation book, and one by the lady that wrote the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which has actually been a pretty good read so far. I also bought some real chocolate, which has been eaten in bed all morning long. Pretty much besides the faint headache and bodyaches, I am in bliss!






Reading in bed:)